Not wanting to throw it away, i started wondering what can i possible do with it. Oats is an ingredient which you can be easily incorporated in your daily breakfast or meals. I wasn’t in a mood to experiment too much so i just emptied the box onto to baking sheet, toasted it for 5 mins in a preheated oven at 350F, put it in a blender and made oats flour. Now this flour can be used in many possible ways. But i made very easy breakfast dish out of it. Oats pancakes. Just substitute the all purpose flour in your pancake batter with oats flour.
Here is my recipe for healthy, yummy and fluffy oats, banana and blueberry pancakes:
This recipe makes around 7-8 small pancakes
1 cup of oats flour
1 large egg
3/4 – 1 cup of milk
2 ripe bananas (the ripe bananas gives sweetness to the pancakes and also flavor)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
Pinch of salt
Butter to grease the pan
1) In a bowl first mash the bananas with a fork. To this add the egg and whisk.
2) Now add the oats flour, milk, baking powder and pinch of salt.
3) Add milk gradually and check for consistency of the batter. It shouldn’t be too thick or too thin.
4) Heat a non stick pan or griddle. Grease it with little butter and spoon out the batter onto the pan. Make it as much big or small as you desire.
5) Add blueberries on top of the pancakes. Now flip the pancakes after 3-4 mins and cook it on the other side.
Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup (not too much :P)
The best part….once you cut into it, the blueberries will also be cooked slightly and it will give out all the juices creating a yummy jam for your pancakes.
Do try this recipe and let me know what you think. My hubby loved it and so did i.
Until then happy cooking 🙂