Serves 1 to 2
For roasted vegetables:
You can use any veggies of your choice and chop or cut into cubes however you like it. They is no hard and fast rule as to how much or what should be the quantity of the veggies. This is what I did.
1/2 cup of zucchini chopped
4 – 5 portobello mushrooms chopped
5 – 6 grape tomatoes
1/2 cup of cubed green/yellow or red bell pepper
1/3 cup of cubed onions
1/2 an avocado for garnishing (optional)
Washed and cleaned lettuce leaves for serving
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 clove of garlic minced
1 – 2 tsp of olive oil
For the Chicken:
Around 1/2 – 3/4 cup of chicken breast sliced into strips
1 tbsp of cilantro paste
1 tsp of minced ginger
Salt, pepper and chili powder for seasoning.
1 tsp of lemon juice
Oil for roasting
Here you can also use any of your favorite chicken seasoning
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) In a bowl add the cilantro paste, ginger, salt, pepper, chili powder, lemon juice and mix well. To this add the chicken and mix thoroughly. Keep this aside and let the chicken sit in the marinade for 15- 20mins.
3) In an another bowl add olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic and mix it thoroughly. To this add the washed, cleaned and chopped veggies. Toss it nicely to coat the veggies with the seasoning.
4) Spread the veggies onto a baking sheet and bake the veggies at 450F for 15 to 20mins. Keep stirring the veggies in between for even cooking.
5) While the veggies are roasting in the oven, heat a pan with 1 – 2 tsp of oil. To the hot pan add the chicken and cook for 10- 12 mins or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
6) Mix the roasted veggies and chicken together. Serve warm on the lettuce leaves and garnish with a drizzle of lemon juice and chopped avocados.
And thatssss a wraaapppp 😛